New date and time draft

Markus Kuhn Markus.Kuhn at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Apr 9 17:22:32 UTC 2001

> I've submitted a revision of the date and time draft Chris Newman wrote
> some time ago.
>
> This document defines a date and time format for use in Internet
> protocols that is a profile of the ISO 8601 [ISO8601] standard for
> representation of dates and times using the Gregorian calendar.
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-impp-datetime-00.txt

But this document still references the old first edition! The one that
counted accidentally minutes from 01 to 60 and similar nonsense, along
with lots of ambiguities:

   [ISO8601]   "Data elements and interchange formats -- Information
               interchange -- Representation of dates and times", ISO
               8601:1988(E), International Organization for
               Standardization, June, 1988.

The new second edition with lots of bug fixes, ISO 8601:2000, has been
available since December and can be ordered online from

  http://www.iso.ch/cate/d26780.html

Markus