Russian cities

Jesper Nørgaard jnorgard at Prodigy.Net.mx
Sat Aug 25 02:38:48 UTC 2001

If the map in http://wwg.lgg.ru/russia/timezone.html is correct, it seems to me
that the GMT+6 region (or Moscow+3 if you like) is bigger to the south than
most timezone maps of Russia I have come across until now. I assume this is
what Oscar is referring to as "Respublika Altaj" and "Altajskij kraj".

I attach a GIF file of this area as seen in World Time Explorer. Is it correct to
conclude that the cities Rubtsovsk, Barnaul and Bijsk are all on GMT+6, not
on GMT+7?

Regards,

Jesper Nørgaard Welen
Email: jnorgard at Prodigy.Net.mx
Project Leader (Líder de Proyecto) Software
CIMMYT  -  Centro Internacional de Mejoramiento de Maíz y Trigo
Dirección: CIMMYT Int. c/o Jesper Nørgaard
Km. 45, Carretera México-Veracruz
El Batán
Texcoco, Edo. de México
CP 56130   MEXICO
Tel.:	+52 (5) 58-04-20-04  ext. 1374
Fax:	+52 (5) 58-04-75-58
Tel. Casa:   53-10-05-95  ó  53-10-97-78
CIMMYT home page:
http://cimmyt.cgiar.org
Check out my free program World Time Explorer:
http://www20.Brinkster.com/timezone50/index.htm
http://home.grafitti.net/timezone50/index.htm