etcetera patch

Semen A. Ustimenko semenu at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 9 23:24:39 UTC 2001

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Paul Eggert wrote:

> [...]
Wow!... It will be nice to see fixed, as i count GMT+-N the most
understandable way to set time.

> Draft 5 of the next version of POSIX will let you say, for example,
> TZ='<GMT+6>-6' in order to get a time zone named "GMT+6" that is 6
> hours ahead of UTC.  Once support for this is added, "TZ=Etc/GMT+6"
> will be completely obsolete.

A-aa... Maybe... Fine idea, except it's not quite clear what is the
meaning of those numbers in new TZ line. But, this isn't a problem.

Bye!