IERS Message No. 4

central_bureau at iers.org central_bureau at iers.org
Mon Feb 12 08:48:35 UTC 2001

IERS Message No. 4                                        February 12, 2001

                         -----------------------
                         IERS EOP-PC and ICRS-PC
                         -----------------------

                                                     Paris, 9 February 2001

Subject : Submissions for the 2000 IERS Annual Report

	Dear colleagues:

	You are invited to submit Earth orientation and reference frame
results for annual analyses of the Earth Orientation Centre (EOP-PC) and of
the ICRS Centre (ICRS-PC) for publication in the 2000 IERS Annual Report.

ICRS-PC: CELESTIAL SYSTEMS AND FRAMES
=====================================
	The VLBI catalogues provided by the Analysis Centers will be
analyzed and validated. New information will be used to check the
ICRF-Ext.1, the current conventional celestial reference frame. Individual
solutions will be used to study the effect of models, geometry, etc. We
would appreciate that a special effort be made concerning the modeling and
the adoption of the IERS Conventions.

EOP-PC: EARTH ORIENTATION
=========================
	The EOP submission is unchanged with regard to last year
submission. Analysis centers are invited to make their solutions using
either the ITRF reference frame or deriving their own terrestrial frame
that should be sent to the ITRF Bureau for consistency analyses.
Specifications for the terrestrial frames submissions are provided by the
ITRF Section:
http://lareg.ensg.ign.fr/ITRF/ITRF-submit.html

	Long time series (over at least five years) tied to well described
reference frames are extremely useful for the monitoring of the tie of IERS
EOP and reference frames.

Warning!!!
----------
A new EOP format was developed at the EOP-PC for homogeneity between
the different techniques contributions. Please adopt this new format.

DOCUMENTATION
=============
 To help you to prepare and send your contributions, various files are
 available at the anonymous ftp : hpiers.obspm.fr
                      login     : anonymous
                      password  : your e-mail address
                      directory : iers/annreport/Call_2000AR

 guidelines : general description of the submission files
 techni_des : technical description of solutions
 format_rsc : format for submitting sets of radiosource coordinates
 format_eop : formats for submission of eop series

 You can also get the information on our Website:
 http://hpiers.obspm.fr/eop-pc/

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR SOLUTIONS, THE SUMMARY AND THE DESCRIPTION FILES

	Send your files to iers at obspm.fr

	In case of large files put them on the following anonymous ftp
        (with acknowledgement to iers at obspm.fr):

	   ftp hpiers.obspm.fr
	   cd pub/annreport

  See the guidelines file for files name description.

  Your contribution is highly appreciated. Thank you for your cooperation.

  |                     Send all files by 31 March 2001                   |