IST/IDT [Re: Chamorro Standard Time (new US time zone)]

Syed Sajjath Syed.Sajjath at wcom.com
Thu Jan 11 17:07:31 UTC 2001

Hi,

I work on an application which uses international timezone abbreviations.
It makes sense to use the most popular abbr. used within the country, since,
clients within the country understand that.  I believe tzdata is the best
source for this purpose, as people all over the world contribute to it.

In our application we always use the abbr., in conjunction with the country,
avoiding ambiguities.  More examples are CST, EST and PST used both in
Australia and US.

Thanks
-Syed