IST/IDT

Antoine Leca Antoine.Leca at renault.fr
Tue Jan 16 16:27:54 UTC 2001

> Antoine Leca wrote:
> > But in the Java libraries I looked at (some years ago),
> > there were the concept of time zone abbreviations, without translations.

As I looked at Gwillim Law's answer, I notice that I badly expressed my
ideas. When I wrote "without translations", I intented to mean that
no translation were provided (at that time); I should have made clear
that translation was in fact forcasted.
I am sorry to have been so inacurate.

Gwillim Law wrote:

> I looked at the source code in TimeZone.java.

Good thing, as I said I did not.

> These names are stored as localized resource data of the class
> java.text.resources.DateFormatZoneData???, where ??? is the locale
> specifier, such as _fr_CA.

But are these datas really provided (with localized contents)?

Antoine