quality of historical zone information

Joseph S. Myers jsm28 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 29 20:22:39 UTC 2001

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> This seems like a rather specialized field, but perhaps it would be
> worth the effort to find a research library somewhere which would be
> willing to host such a collection.  I would be happy to feel out the
> MIT Libraries as to whether they would be willing to do so.

I'd rather doubt that a research library would want to host such a
collection of copies of source material found in various public archives.

Listing the available source material, and producing abstracts for it,
might be marginally practicable given enough volunteers.  Collecting in
one place copies of the source material from 200 countries is both much
less practicable and of limited utility until automatic searching of
manuscript material is much more advanced than at present.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28 at cam.ac.uk