Rasputin & Ferdinand

Andrew Brown tz at lists.graffiti.com
Wed Jul 25 22:36:12 UTC 2001

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 02:06:15PM -0700, Paul Eggert wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 18:51:10 +0200
>> From: "R.H. van Gent" <r.h.vangent at phys.uu.nl>
>>
>> > We are currently producing a documentary for Channel 4 about Rasputin.
>> > The director has a theory that he would like to put in the film. On
>> > June 27th 1914 Frans Ferdinand was shot in Sarajevo, which ultimately
>> > started the First World War. On that same day Rasputin was stabbed in
>> > Tyumen in Russia. His theory is that these two events happened around
>> > the same time across different time zones. The shooting in Sarajevo
>> > happened at 12 noon.
>>
>> What are your primary sources for the date and the hour of Rasputin's
>> stabbing? They do not sound very reliable to me.
>
>For what it's worth, <http://www.geocities.com/jesusib/Spala.html>
>says that Rasputin was stabbed "some hours before" Franz Ferdinand was
>killed.

i wonder if any of these sources are calendar corrected or not.  at
the time both of these events took place, i'm pretty sure that russia
had not yet actually adopted the gregorian reform, whereas yugoslavia
had.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
codewarrior at daemon.org             * "ah!  i see you have the internet