FW: Updated Australian time zone names/strings

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Thu Mar 22 19:56:59 UTC 2001

Paul Eggert writes:

| Your evidence and Brittain's letter both suggest that we should change
| the Australians abbreviations in the tz data.  However, before
| changing things, I would like to hear from other Australians about
| this, as I don't have personal expertise on this apparently
| controversial subject.  Can other Australians please comment, if you
| care to?  Thanks.

I have previously requested this change (and been shouted down
by people who seemed to think that some holy grail of "correct"
behaviour that they believed in was more important than doing
something meaningful).  I reiterate as strongly as possible that
I want to see AEST/AEDT adopted for the eastern Australian zones.