Time on Jan Mayen

Jesper Nørgaard jnorgard at Prodigy.Net.mx
Tue May 1 09:48:35 UTC 2001

In that case I presume the 'europe' file should be corrected from this:

# Svalbard & Jan Mayen
Link	Europe/Oslo	Arctic/Longyearbyen
# From Whitman:
# Zone	NAME		GMTOFF	RULES	FORMAT	[UNTIL]
Zone Atlantic/Jan_Mayen	-1:00	-	EGT

... to something like this:

# Svalbard & Jan Mayen
Link	Europe/Oslo	Arctic/Longyearbyen
Link	Europe/Oslo	Atlantic/Jan_Mayen

The question is if Whitman's observation for Jan Mayen Island was correct earlier,
in that case we will have to reuse parts of the first definition. Although EGT is a
bit misleading perhaps because East Greenland (Scoresbysund) is using EU rules
with DST, which might not coincide with what Jan Mayen had. I suggest that
this needs to be investigated a bit further (hint, hint, I will probably not do it :)

Regards,

Jesper Nørgaard Welen
Email: jnorgard at Prodigy.Net.mx
Programador/Analista
CIMMYT  -  Centro Internacional de Mejoramiento de Maíz y Trigo
Dirección: CIMMYT Int. c/o Jesper Nørgaard
Km. 45, Carretera México-Veracruz
El Batán
Texcoco, Edo. de México
CP 56130   MEXICO
Tel.:	+52 (5) 58-04-20-04  ext. 1374
Fax:	+52 (5) 58-04-75-58
Tel. Casa:   53-10-05-95  ó  53-10-97-78
CIMMYT home page:
http://cimmyt.cgiar.org
Check out my free program World Time Explorer:
http://www20.Brinkster.com/timezone50/index.htm
http://members.theglobe.com/timezone50/index.htm

appropriately.

				--ado