Possible tiny bug in tzcode

Damon Chaplin damon at ximian.com
Fri Oct 19 22:36:48 UTC 2001

On Mon, 2001-10-15 at 22:02, Paul Eggert wrote:
> > From: Damon Chaplin <damon at ximian.com>
> > Date: 15 Oct 2001 18:20:36 -0400
> >
> > While testing my iCalendar timezone code against mktime/localtime I
> > think I found a tiny error.
>
> Thanks for the bug report.  I have verified that it is an error,
> apparently in zic.c.

In case you're interested, I've now tested our code pretty thoroughly
against tzcode2001a (in RedHat Linux 7.1), and that was the only error I
found.

The test program stepped from 1970 to 2037 every 15 minutes, and
converted the UTC time to local time and back, comparing the local times
against mktime(). It did this for all the timezones that used city
names, e.g. 'Europe/London' - we don't use stuff like 'Etc/GMT-1'.

Damon