FW: indonesia time zone correction

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Mon Mar 11 22:04:47 UTC 2002

Thanks for the news.  We'll install this into the database by renaming
Asia/Ujung_Pandang to Asia/Makassar, and by putting a link to
Asia/Ujung_Pandang in the "backward" file.

> ps. is it okay to create more major cities to be included in this file?

The general rule is that we create a new entry for a city if its
clocks have disagreed with that of another city some time since 1970.
Makassar has an entry because it is the largest city in the Indonesian
region that has been 8 hours ahead of UTC since 1970.

The detailed guidelines for this are given in the "Theory" file, under
"Here are the general rules used for choosing location names".