Pakistan

Jesper Nørgaard jnorgard at Prodigy.Net.mx
Sat Mar 16 04:33:28 UTC 2002

I found a government page with the same information, possibly the origin of it, on

http://www.pak.gov.pk/public/news/app/app06_dec.htm

There is more information on other issues, but the wording of the DST bit is
the same. On a personal note they are really trying to test the limit of timezone
handling software, choosing First Saturday and First Sunday of a month as a
parameter,  probably not realizing that these can be mutually exclusive, maby
meaning that if First Sunday is first day of month, it will not be counted (as in 2007).
Choosing fixed date 15.th. of October as DST end date, when the start date is
parameterized to a weekend, is highly obscure too - but not difficult to handle.

Regards,

Jesper Nørgaard Welen
Email: jnorgard at Prodigy.Net.mx
Project Leader (Líder de Proyecto) Software
CIMMYT  -  Centro Internacional de Mejoramiento de Maíz y Trigo
Dirección: CIMMYT Int. c/o Jesper Nørgaard
Km. 45, Carretera México-Veracruz
El Batán
Texcoco, Edo. de México
CP 56130   MEXICO
Tel.:	+52 (5) 58-04-20-04  ext. 1374
Fax:	+52 (5) 58-04-75-58
Tel. Casa:   53-10-05-95  ó  53-10-97-78
CIMMYT home page:
http://cimmyt.cgiar.org
Check out my free program World Time Explorer:
http://www20.Brinkster.com/timezone50/index.htm
http://tz.freewebsites.com/index.htm