www.bsdi.com/date is dead; is there a good replacement?

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Tue Dec 16 07:50:18 UTC 2003

For many years "Sources for Time Zone and Daylight Saving Time Data"
<http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm> has referred to "Date and Time
Gateway" <http://www.bsdi.com/date/> as a simple text-based
point-and-click web interface based on the tz data.  However,
www.bsdi.com has been refusing connections recently.  Apparently Wind
River (which acquired BSDI a couple of years ago) has decided to shut
down BSD/OS.  Too bad.

I have located <http://www.earth.com/date/> as another web site that
serves the same data, but if BSD/OS is being discontinued then I worry
that this is only a stopgap.  Can anyone suggest a replacement URL?
We currently refer to the following URLs but I'm looking for something
that is less fancy and that is oriented towards the tz data.

http://www.hilink.com.au/times/
http://www.convertit.com/Go/ConvertIt/World_Time/Current_Time.ASP
http://timezoneconverter.com/
http://www.holidayfestival.com/