My confusion with Asia/Aqtau

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Tue Jul 22 13:04:33 UTC 2003

    Date:        Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:42:46 -0700
    From:        Paul Eggert <eggert at twinsun.com>

  | Chuck Soper <chucks at lmi.net> writes:

  | > How can I determine what version of the timezone package is installed
  | > on my system? I hope that I'm using version 2003a.
  |
  | There should be a way to do this, at least for the timezone code like
  | zdump.c.  Perhaps you could add a "--version" option for zdump and
  | zic?

I suspect that the query was more concerned with which version of the
database is installed (what sources the compiled zoneinfo files came
from), rather than which versions of the tools, which, while interesting,
isn't likely to be of much concern to most people (as long as they
work, who cares, if they don't work, replace them with the latest version,
try again, if that fixed it, who cares what version was there previously,
if it didn't, time for e-mail to the list...)

kre