zic.8 in html

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Sun Oct 12 15:36:57 UTC 2003

At Thu, 09 Oct 2003 21:37:46 +0200, Oscar van Vlijmen <ovv at hetnet.nl> writes:

> Therefore and once again, I converted the latest version of the zic.8 file
> to html.

Did you generate the HTML automatically?  If so, I'd rather put the
automated procedure into the makefile.  If not, then I'm a bit
dubious.  I'd rather not maintain two forms of the documentation by
hand.  In my experience, HTML is not a particularly good way to
maintain computer documentation.  I'd far rather use texinfo, but even
man pages are better than HTML.

Ideally the automated procedure, whatever it is, would generate XHTML
1.1, which is the latest version of HTML.  (Hmm, I see that
tz-link.htm and tz-art.htm specify XHTML 1.0; time to upgrade.)