zic.8 in html

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Mon Oct 13 08:35:27 UTC 2003

At Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:55:38 -0700, Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> writes:

> I would be a bit careful about moving to XHTML 1.1 without analyzing all
> of the issues.  XHTML 1.1 is not really the same thing as HTML; for
> example, it's not supposed to be served out as text/html.

I suppose you're right; it's better to be cautious.  Though, so long
as ones sticks to a conservative subset, I don't know of any practical
problems in serving XHTML 1.1 as text/html to any browsers that are in
real-world use.

For the tz web pages, the only difference between XHTML 1.0 Strict and
XHTML 1.1 (aside from the new DOCTYPE) is that the <html> element
would no longer have a 'lang' attribute.