Decree on Brazilian Summer time

Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires p at ppires.org
Fri Sep 26 19:46:36 UTC 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 02:45:20PM -0400, Gwillim Law wrote:
> I just checked the URLs given, and they both say 00:00 on February 15.
> Probably someone has reported the error.

I reported it yesterday (2003/09/25), as soon as I saw it reference
the 14th of February.  The page was indeed changed today, and the
Official Union Daily (Diário Oficial da União, the official periodic
that publishes material from the Government) says the following in
a footnote of the republish of the decree (see <http://www.in.gov.br/
jsp/busca/visualizacao/xml/visualiza_xml.jsp?xml=http://www.in.gov.br/
materias/xml/do/secao1/644253.xml&produto=11&nomxml=644253.xml>):

	"Republicado por ter saído com incorreção do original no DOU.
	de 25.9.2003, Seção 1, página 2."

or

	"Republished for having been printed with incorrections, from
	DOU. of 25.9.2003, Section 1, page 2."

Unfortinately, I was unable to find the original incorrect publication.

I am quite certain that it wasn't corrected because of my warnings,
though, as I haven't got reply to any of the messages I sent. :)

So, now we have clear, documented and unambiguous information about
this year's Brazilian summer time.  At last!

Regards.

--
	Pappires

... Qui habet aurem audiat quid Spiritus dicat ecclesiis.