Change in Mongolian daylight saving time

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Sat Apr 17 02:30:25 UTC 2004

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

At 04:46 AM 17.04.2004, you wrote:
>At Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:36:02 +0900, Ganbold <ganbold at micom.mng.net> writes:
>
> > Daylight saving occurs at 02:00 local time last Saturday of March.
> > It will changes back to normal at 02:00 local time last Saturday of
> > September.  Please make appropriate changes.
>
>Thanks for the news.  Can you please let me know when the rules changed?

As I remember this rule was changed in 2001.

>The current zoneinfo tables say that Mongolia observed daylight-saving
>time from 1983 through 1998.  Then it stopped (except that it observed
>daylight-saving time once, in 2001).  Is this information correct?

Yes it is correct. However Mongolia is continuing to observe daylight
saving time since 2001.

>If so, then we'll assume that Mongolia changed the rules again, and
>started observing daylight-saving again this year.  Do you think they
>will change the rules again soon?

Last time the rule was changed in 2001 only. I don't know really
when they will change again the rule. At least I know they will continue it
this year, since
time is already changed.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

thank you,

Ganbold
Micom Co.
Ulaanbaatar,