Looking for non-TZ-dependent localtime()

Michael Lindner mlindner at idttechnology.com
Tue Aug 3 19:04:39 UTC 2004

I have a multithreaded server that has a thread per client, and needs to
talk to clients in their local timezone. All the "normal" UNIX time
functions rely on "TZ" for timezone information, so even though they're
nominally "thread-safe" they don't support my application, since TZ is
global across threads.

Is there a localtime()-like implementation out there that can do what I
need, or do I have to write one? And if not and I have to write one,
what code base is the "correct" one to start from (e.g. Linux,
tzcode2003e.tar.gz from elsi.nci.nih.gov, etc.)?

Thanks,
--
Michael Lindner