Looking for non-TZ-dependent localtime()

Michael Lindner mlindner at idttechnology.com
Wed Aug 4 12:37:44 UTC 2004

Paul Eggert wrote:
> GNU/Linux (i.e., glibc) and tzcode are both reasonable.

Thanks for the info. The tzcode code is a lot cleaner and easier to
modify the way I want. All other things being equal (or at least
similar) that's the way to go.

Jonathan Lennox wrote:
 > I've attached my message implementing it below.  It's based on
tzcode2001c.
 > It might be a bit of work to update it to the current version of tzcode;

Thanks! This looks like exactly what I need. Your mods (adding an
"opaque" struct to represent a parsed tz entry) is what I would have done.

pcg at goof.com ( Marc) (A.) (Lehmann ) wrote:
 > localtime is rarely a bottleneck (it might be for your application), so
 > this shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, it is a bottleneck in this
application.

--
Michael Lindner