Israel 2005 and Beyond -- Proposed Timezone Dates

Ephraim Silverberg ephraim at cse.huji.ac.il
Thu Dec 23 08:57:29 UTC 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Paul Eggert wrote:

>>         emacs -batch -l dst-israel.el
>>
>> ... If the law passes, I'll put the script in the Israel TZ ftp depository.
>
> Thanks for doing that!  A couple of minor comments.  First, the
> to input a range of dates rather than a single date.

I have made both fixes/changes and put the resultant module (every though
the law has not yet passed) in:

        ftp://ftp.cs.huji.ac.il/pub/tz/software/dst-israel.el

> I used your program to write the following draft patch.  I don't think
> this should go into the tz database just yet (Israeli politics being
> what they are) but I thought you might like to see the draft.

You have a good understanding of the volatility of Israeli politics.

> Thanks again.

My pleasure.
Ephraim Silverberg, CSE System Group,        Phone number:    972-2-6585521
Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.        Fax number:      972-2-5617723
WWW: http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~ephraim       E-mail: ephraim at cse.huji.ac.il