Time Zone Localizations

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Fri Jun 11 14:30:07 UTC 2004

I'm afraid I left the wrong impression, by being too brief. I agree with your
statements: one can do two possible things:

// maintaining stability
YU => Europe/Belgrade
CS => Europe/Prague

or

// not maintaining stability
YU => Europe/Belgrade
CS => Europe/Belgrade

Note that the draft successor to RFC3066 uses the UN geographic codes whenever
ISO duplicates a code, since unlike the ISO codes, the UN codes are stable. So
it maps

891 => Europe/Belgrade // 891 is Serbia and Montenegro

Mark
http://www.macchiato.com
► शिष्यादिच्छेत्पराजयम् ◄