Time Zone Localizations

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Fri Jun 11 15:25:34 UTC 2004

Actually, this is directly related, since LDML is the format used for CLDR.
However, the comment is based on a misunderstanding: LDML currently does allow
for translation of *all* of the timezone IDs, modern and historical.

The problems we are trying to address with this proposal are that the sheer
volume of translations is difficult to manage, *and* many languages just don't
have corresponding terms. And we didn't give guidance before as to which IDs
were the most important to translate, so the translations that are in CLDR were
not done in any kind of priority order.

Mark
http://www.macchiato.com
► शिष्यादिच्छेत्पराजयम् ◄