pytz - Python World Timezones

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Thu Jun 24 15:54:33 UTC 2004

Stuart Bishop <zen at shangri-la.dropbear.id.au> writes:

> .. _sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pytz/

Thanks.  I'd like to mention this in tz-links.htm but I'm at a bit of
a loss as to how to characterize it.  Is it a copy of the tz database,
or a tz compiler, or some combination of the two?  Clearly your
approach differs from that of the Python time zones project
<http://s.keim.free.fr/tz/doc.html> but I can't easily put my finger
on the difference.

For example, pytz-2004a.tar.bz2 contains a lot of files saying
"Generated from the Olson timezone database" but I don't see a copy of
the program used to generate those files.  Surely this is an important
part of the project.

Thanks.