tzdata 2003e: imperfections

Gwillim Law RLAW at nc.rr.com
Mon May 17 22:39:46 UTC 2004

From: "Oscar van Vlijmen" <ovv at hetnet.nl>
> asia file:
> Cyprus is now (May 01, 2004) part of the European Union. In spite of the
> interesting remarks for Cyprus in the tz data file, the Cyprus entry
should
> be in the europe file.

The tz mailing list had a discussion on this same subject in September,
2000.  Most of the evidence produced at that time indicated that Cyprus is
part of Asia.  Personally, I don't care which continent it's in; the
decision is clearly arbitrary (although there may be a political
motivation).  I just don't like changing things unless we have to.

Yours,    Gwillim Law