Beginner questions

Ruby Ballen RBallen at hypercom.com
Wed May 26 18:23:48 UTC 2004

Well, yes. What I was trying to say is if it is possible to do this:

- When the user enables automatic DST calculations, use the regular rules.

- When the user disables automatic DST calculations, compute local time using the offset that the
time zone has when it is in standard time, regardless of DST being in effect or not.

It's a desire to have this option, but if it's difficult to achieve it's OK.

Thanks

                      tz-request at lecserver.
                      nci.nih.gov                  To:       RBallen at hypercom.com
                                                   cc:       tz at lecserver.nci.nih.gov
                      05/26/04 11:21 AM            Subject:  Beginner questions

<<On Wed, 26 May 2004 08:11:51 -0700, Ruby Ballen <RBallen at hypercom.com> said:

> 2) Is it possible to disable DST changes when using this library?
> Say the user wants to move the clock forward/backward manually when
> DST is in effect instead of the library doing it for him.

This does not make sense.  The clock per se is not changed during the
DST transition, only the way local time is computed from UTC.

-GAWollman