Time Zone change in GEORGIA (Eastern Europe), time zone is now GMT+3 (no longer GMT+4)

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Wed Oct 27 19:41:20 UTC 2004

The best source to go by is the UN Statistics Division:
http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49regin.htm. And according to that,
Georgia is in Asia.

(BTW, can someone fill me in on why the TZIDs have an attached continent in
the first place? The only thing I can see is that it may make the TZID
slightly less ambiguous than just the city name -- but *only* marginally
less ambiguous: see for example
http://www.indo.com/cgi-bin/dist?place1=new+york. I'm not asking for it to
be changed -- too much water under the bridge -- but I am curious as to the
history.)

‎Mark