Cuba on DST until 2005

Steffen Thorsen straen at thorsen.priv.no
Thu Oct 28 19:16:37 UTC 2004

Not to interrupt your discussion about Georgia, but...

Evert van der Veer <evert.van.der.veer at wanadoo.nl> informed me that Cuba
was not going back to standard time this year.

I was able to find a news arcticle about it, quoted:

> To conserve energy, Cuban authorities are closing 110 businesses,
> shortening the workday and school day by a half hour, extending
> daylight-saving time until October 2005 and shifting production
> schedules.

The original (subscription) is in the Dallas Morning News from 2004-10-14:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/world/cuba/stories/101504dnintcubaenergy.494b8.html

A number of other newspapers carry the same article without subscription,
including http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/world/9920684.htm

regards,
Steffen