Obsolete historic tz change for Libya

Jesper Norgaard Welen jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Apr 11 01:25:49 UTC 2005

In the timezone rules for Libya, it seems to me there is an obsolete
timezone change, at 1.st October 1990 at 0:00, because the Libya Rule is
only used in country Libya until 4.th. of May 1990:

Rule	Libya	1987	1989	-	Apr	 1	0:00	1:00
Rule	Libya	1987	1990	-	Oct	 1	0:00	0
-
# Zone	NAME		GMTOFF	RULES	FORMAT	[UNTIL]
Zone	Africa/Tripoli	0:52:44 -	LMT	1920
			1:00	Libya	CE%sT	1959
			2:00	-	EET	1982
			1:00	Libya	CE%sT	1990 May  4
# The following entries are all from Shanks;
# the IATA SSIM data contain some obvious errors.
			2:00	-	EET	1996 Sep 30
			1:00	-	CET	1997 Apr  4
			1:00	1:00	CEST	1997 Oct  4
			2:00	-	EET

Therefore I suggest that the timezone rule be corrected to
Rule	Libya	1987	1989	-	Oct	 1	0:00	0
-

This is not a big problem, but might induce some confusion in the reader
of the tz database. If there is any other reason to keep this line,
please state why.

Regards,
Jesper

Jesper Nørgaard Welen
Email: jnorgard at Prodigy.Net.mx
Project Leader (Líder de Proyecto) Software
CIMMYT  -  Centro Internacional de Mejoramiento de Maíz y Trigo
Dirección: CIMMYT Int. c/o Jesper Nørgaard
Km. 45, Carretera México-Veracruz
El Batán
Texcoco, Edo. de México
CP 56130   MEXICO
Tel.:	+52 (5) 58-04-20-04  ext. 1374
Fax:	+52 (5) 58-04-75-58
Tel. Casa:   53-10-05-95  ó  53-10-97-78
Download the free program World Time Explorer, I made:
http://www.cimmyt.org/timezone/index.htm