Corrections to timezone database

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Sun Feb 6 00:02:54 UTC 2005

True, and I should have mentioned that. The database is a bit misleading in
that it does provide for data before that point for tzids, even though
logically some of them should be broken into several IDs based on
differences before 1970. On the other hand, one can well understand putting
a cut-off point in place, if only because it is difficult to get reliable
data earlier, and it is not as important for implementations.

‎Mark