Timezone translations

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Sat Jun 4 00:56:33 UTC 2005

BTW, I regenerated the timezone localizations, based on the latest CLDR 1.3
data. See

http://www.unicode.org/cldr//data/dropbox/timezones/

We are still not complete, but are making progress.

Examples:

For cases like Greek there are very few explicit zone names and very few
exemplar cities, so you fall back to countries and (Latin) city names:
http://www.unicode.org/cldr//data/dropbox/timezones/el_timezones.html

For cases like French or Finnish, there is more data, more city names, and
some explicit data for some cases, such as  ‎America/Vancouver and
‎Europe/Paris.
http://www.unicode.org/cldr//data/dropbox/timezones/fr_timezones.html
http://www.unicode.org/cldr//data/dropbox/timezones/fi_timezones.html
http://www.unicode.org/cldr//data/dropbox/timezones/ja_timezones.html

For other cases like Uzbek, we are also missing many country names, and so
the only available information are the country codes.
http://www.unicode.org/cldr//data/dropbox/timezones/uz_Cyrl_timezones.html

‎Mark