Multi-timezone clock

peter.verthez at alcatel.be peter.verthez at alcatel.be
Mon Jun 13 06:50:14 UTC 2005

I still feel more comfortable with the top level of the TZIDs.

The most clear example for me is the situation with Russia:
at the one hand you have Europe/Moscow which is clearly felt to
be in Europe, at the other hand there is e.g. Asia/Kamchatka, which
should not be shown in Europe at all.

So, at the very least, the data of CLDR and the TZID top level needs
to be combined to avoid duplicate entries in a UI.

Peter.

Peter Verthez                        mailto:Peter.Verthez at alcatel.be
Systems Engineer Network Mgt.      Tel: (+32) 3 240 84 50 | Alcanet:
Alcatel Telecom, dept. JN22        Fax: (+32) 3 240 84 59 | (6)2605