Australia - CWAT

Oscar van Vlijmen ovv at hetnet.nl
Tue May 3 08:54:02 UTC 2005

> From: "Bill Bonnett" <news at abdicate.net>
> I found 2 entries that spoke of another unmarked time zone in Australia of
> +8:45
> Please note that a small portion of Western Australia from the town of Caiguna
> to Eucla to Border Village is UTC/GMT +8 hours 45 minutes.

>From the story at
<http://www.earthsci.unimelb.edu.au/~awatkins/null.html>
"At Caiguna, W.A (about 350km from the W.A/S.A border) you switch
to "Perth" time..."

This means that Caiguna is NOT on CWAT time (UTC+8:45), but the following
villages are:
Border Village (South Australia)
Eucla
Mundrabilla
Madura
Cocklebiddy

The last one, Cocklebiddy, is my interpretation. It just lies in the
Nuytsland Natural Reserve, but it could well be in the CWAT timezone. Does
anybody know?

Oscar van Vlijmen
2005-05-03