Gaza time

Jesper Norgaard Welen jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Apr 20 03:52:58 UTC 2006

I checked www.worldtimeserver.com recently and most of the recent changes to
the tz database are in line with this server, it seems to be fairly well
up-dated in timezone matters (unlike wikipedia, for instance!). This goes
for Haiti, Tunisia, Sri Lanka, Irana, and Georgia to mention a few.

Therefore I was surprised to see that they have UTC+3 at the moment for
Palestinian Territory, when tz database will first have Gaza to enter DST in
approximately 18 hours. This could be because they think that it follows
Israel time, but it might be because they learned something more about
Gaza/West Bank.

Does anyone have information if Gaza/West Bank in fact applied DST before
expected or not?

Regards,
- Jesper

Jesper Nørgaard Welen
Email: jnorgard at Prodigy.Net.mx
Project Leader (Líder de Proyecto) Software
CIMMYT  -  Centro Internacional de Mejoramiento de Maíz y Trigo
Dirección: CIMMYT Int. c/o Jesper Nørgaard
Km. 45, Carretera México-Veracruz
El Batán
Texcoco, Edo. de México
CP 56130   MEXICO
Tel.:	+52 (55) 58-04-20-04  ext. 1374
Fax:	+52 (55) 58-04-75-58
Tel. Casa:   53-10-05-95  ó  53-10-97-78
Download the free program World Time Explorer, I made:
http://www.worldtimeexplorer.com/index.html