America/Halifax & America/Yellowknife (2007)

Chris Walton Chris.Walton at telus.com
Wed Apr 26 02:34:36 UTC 2006

Nova Scotia and Northwest Territories have fallen in line with the rest of the Canada.
Daylight saving time will be extended by four weeks starting in 2007.

Affected zones are:
  Nova Scotia:
    America/Halifax
    America/Glace_Bay

  North West Territories:
    America/Yellowknife
    America/Inuvik

We don't need to make any rule changes to TZDATA.
All four of the affected zones use the "Canada" rule which has already been updated.

Here is a news release which was issued today by the Nova Scotia government:
 http://www.gov.ns.ca/news/details.asp?id=20060425004

I could not find any reference to the change on the Northwest Territories government web site; the only reference I have is a news story posted on the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) web site on April 5:
 http://www.cbc.ca/north/story/nor-nwt-time-change.html

I think we are still waiting to hear from the governments of Newfoundland, Yukon, and Nunavut.

-chris