Cuba is back into the CST zone :-)

Roger Peña Escobio orkcu at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 18:06:37 UTC 2006

Hi

I am using CentOS-4.4 a clone of RHEL-4.4 and with the
more recent updates to the tzdata package
(tzdata-2006m) we move from Havana CST to the Havana
CDT, then our servers just went 1 hour to the future
:-)

I look into the changelog and for cuba, inside the
northamerica file you can find, I cuote:
# From Steffen Thorsen (2006-08-17):
# It is likely that they are not reverting back to
standard time this
# year either, based on the number of responses I have
got from users
# (when my site claimed Cuba will end DST on
lastSun/October)

but , as a matter of fact, we revert back to CST last
October

you can see the Steffen page now:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=99

and the corresponding news in the newspapers:

http://www.granma.cubaweb.cu/2006/10/27/nacional/artic03.html

http://cubahora.co.cu/index.php?tpl=principal/ver-noticias/ver-not_soc.tpl.html&newsid_obj_id=1015565

I am placing a bug report into the RedHat Bugzilla
also

thanks in advance

roger

RedHat Certified Engineer ( RHCE )
Cisco Certified Network Associate ( CCNA )