DOT issues final ruling on Indiana time zones

Garrett Wollman wollman at csail.mit.edu
Thu Jan 19 23:16:11 UTC 2006

<<On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:54:21 -0800, Deborah Goldsmith <goldsmit at apple.com> said:

> Does anyone seen anything else wrong with this? I have a deadline
> coming up and I'd like to get this fix in. Here's a patch on 2005r:

> -                       -5:00   -       EST     2006
> -                       -5:00   US      E%sT
> +                       -5:00   -       EST     2006 Apr 2 2:00
> +                       -6:00   US      C%sT

Well, that takes care of Starke County, but we still need to create a
new zone for Pulaski, Knox, Pike, Daviess, Dubois, Martin, and Perry
counties (the others specified in the rule as moving to C%sT).  What
city do you choose as an exemplar of the new zone?  Vincennes seems to
be thing biggest, with 18701 inhabitants.

-GAWollman