America/Moncton (2007)

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon Jul 10 23:24:20 UTC 2006

Robbin Kawabata <Robbin.Kawabata at eng.sun.com> writes:

> Do you plan to put out a tz update (2006h?) soon that includes the
> Canada changes?

How soon is "soon"?  :-)

I don't have a schedule and I don't know that Arthur does either.  The
Moncton and Bermuda changes don't take effect until March 2007, so
unless I'm missing something they're not that urgent.

The proposed new Zones America/Blanc-Sablon and America/Atikokan do
affect current time stamps but these are for small regions that have
used standard time for decades (we think) so they normally wouldn't
justify a high-priority update.

I am hoping for a bit more feedback about these Canadian changes
before proposing tz updates.  Plus, you never know, those pesky
Canadian politicians might change their minds again before next year!