Chinese timezones 1970

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Fri Jul 14 17:00:56 UTC 2006

Jesper Norgaard Welen <jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx> writes:

> The biggest surprise was that region Guangdong were dived in 3 timezones, a
> south/west part on GMT+6 (counties Xuwen, Haikang, Suixi, Lianjiang,
> Zhanjiang, Wuchuan, Huazhou, Gaozhou, Maoming, Dianbai, Xinyi)

That is a surprise, and looking at your map it kind of sticks out like
a sore thumb.  Why would there have been a little island of GMT+6 in
the sea of GMT+7, almost next to the GMT+8 region?

Anyway, thanks very much for the info; I'll include it in the next
proposed tz patch.  Will you have a permanent URL for that map?  If
so, I'd like to include a URL as well.