Chinese timezones

Zhe Su james.su at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 12:36:43 UTC 2006

Hi,
  Actually those are legacy timezones which are not used anymore. Now
only one time zone is used for whole China, it's now officially called
"China Standard Time". And is known widely as "Beijing Time".
  According to the rule of timezone database, Asia/Shanghai is used to
represent "China Standard Time", because Shanghai is(was) the most
populous city in China.
  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards
James Su