Time Zone Area Polygons

Mark Davis mark.davis at icu-project.org
Fri Jun 30 15:53:59 UTC 2006

The zone.tab file maps countries to zones. You can then traverse the links
to get a mapping back from all the zones to countries.

CLDR keeps such an updated mapping in
http://www.unicode.org/cldr/data/common/supplemental/supplementalData.xml

(Search for zoneFormatting. 001 is the UN M.49 code for "the world", and is
given to the Etc zones. Etc/Unknown is a CLDR addition that is used where
the zone is invalid or unknown.)

Mark