proposed tz changes - Curacao

Ken Pizzini tz. at explicate.org
Fri Mar 31 17:22:29 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 02:56:59PM +0200, Oscar van Vlijmen wrote:
> By the way, Curacao, a country entry in the TZ database, is not a country.

I'm not seeing where it is claimed that Curaçao is a country.
America/Curaco simply references the island as the largest
localized concentration of population of those places that
share its time zone.

> This entry should be deleted (ouch!) and should be replaced by a new entry
> Netherlands Antilles.

The zone.tab file cites Curaco as the TZdata reference location
for the country AN (Netherlands Antillies).

		--Ken Pizzini