West Australia DST pushing forward

Jesper Norgaard Welen jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Nov 1 04:11:53 UTC 2006

West Australia has made a step further to implementing DST, the lower house
approved the DST bill, but to go ahead the bill must also be passed in the
upper house. In the meantime rhetoric flies high, DST can save lives, the
upper house should be abolished if the DST bill is not passed etc. :

http://origin.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20682208-29277,00.html

Also a sincere thanks to Chris Walton for the "Canada details", I will look
into that, but it looks good at first sight, just what I needed.

And an apology for the ill-thought-through question about Niger (not
Nigeria!), I hadn't even seen the comment in the 'africa' file about the
double use of WAT for  GMT-1 and GMT+1, and besides I could have confirmed
with astro.com that Shanks also agree about the GMT-1 for Niger in the
period specified.

Regards,
Jesper

Jesper Nørgaard Welen
Email: jnorgard at Prodigy.Net.mx
Project Leader (Líder de Proyecto) Software
CIMMYT  -  Centro Internacional de Mejoramiento de Maíz y Trigo
Dirección: CIMMYT Int. c/o Jesper Nørgaard
Km. 45, Carretera México-Veracruz
El Batán
Texcoco, Edo. de México
CP 56130   MEXICO
Tel.:	+52 (55) 58-04-20-04  ext. 1374
Fax:	+52 (55) 58-04-75-58
Tel. Casa:   53-10-05-95  ó  53-10-97-78
Download the shareware program World Time Explorer, I made:
http://www.worldtimeexplorer.com/index.html