FW: Beijing Time?

Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E] olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov
Mon Oct 23 13:53:17 UTC 2006

I'm forwarding this message from Emma Baillie, who is not on the time
zone mailing list. Those of you who are on the list should direct
replies appropriately.

(Emma Baillie: within...
	ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/tzcode2006n.tar.gz
...there's a "Theory" file explaining the principles behind naming
zones. Shanghai is used because it's the most populous city--at least by
some measures--in the time zone of interest. Note that the eastern
United States time zone where I live is known as "America/New_York" and
not "America/Washington"--we're not singling out China for different
treatment.)

				--ado