Nipigon timezone

Jesper Norgaard Welen jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx
Tue Oct 31 06:20:10 UTC 2006

Thanks to Oscar for the input. Chris Walton has obviously put a big effort
into the documentation site (page) you mention. However, my problem remains:
how big is for instance the Nipigon timezone? We know that the center of
Nipigon city must lie in the timezone, and the timezone must be equal to or
(most certainly) less than the Thunder Bay District that contains Nipigon
city

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunder_Bay_District%2C_Ontario

but this page is of little help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nipigon%2C_Ontario

so I made my own little map of the Nipigon timezone, as good a guess as any
I imagine, just painting an arbitrary circle around Nipigon city, from a map
fraction taken from http://www.canadiangeographic.ca . I'm attaching that in
the file Nipigon.zip which contains an image file Nipigon.jpg

Can anyone guess better than that? I certainly hope so, because I'm not very
happy with my guess, but I don't know how to improve it. Perhaps I could try
to pin-point bigger cities surrounding Nipigon, for which we can assume they
did not join the Nipigon timezone, and then make a border that goes midways
between these cities and Nipigon itself. That would be a bit more reasonable
approach.

If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.

Regards,
- Jesper