Time zone rules change

Jesper Norgaard Welen jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx
Fri Sep 15 02:00:09 UTC 2006

Thank, you Robert!

It never occurred to me that eve and evening could be something different -
and perhaps I have also the handicap that Christmas Eve in Denmark is where
all the fun stuff happens, exchanging gifts, dancing around the Christmas
tree etc. and there is nothing special about Christmas Day (the day after,
as I understand it). While in the US the presents are received on Christmas
Day. I think also that it would be strange to start a new period like
Ramadan having the first day different than the rest.

But if we can get a clearer web link or a notification from Hammad Hassan
where we don't have to second guess anything - that would be nice. Of course
it would be even nicer if the international community would recognize that
there should be an "ombudsman" (or office) of timezone issues, to which each
country must inform about their plans for time changes, or else ...

Of course, I'm dreaming, that will never happen, and I guess it's just like
human rights etc. the countries that will respond (and report time changes
some time before they happen) are the ones that are already doing it
correctly, and in an organized manner.

Regards,
- Jesper