Kazakhstan question

Jesper Norgaard Welen jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx
Fri Sep 15 03:35:16 UTC 2006

Thanks, Oscar.

Yes I already tried Shevchenko to no avail, and also Aktau, which exists in
astro.com's database, but with a wrong latitude and longitude, in the eas of
Kazakhstan. Instead I was lucky to find Saura, which is latitude 44.23 and
longitude 50.83, pretty close to Aqtau. It turned out to have the same time
as Aqtobe (Akt'ubinsk) at least until 1981.

More important is to determine if we will comply with this in the tz
database or not, and why (or why not)?

Regards,
- Jesper