EU BST-->GMT issue

Peter Ilieve peter at aldie.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 15:12:00 UTC 2007

On 30 Aug 2007, at 15:59, Dafydd Rhys-Jones wrote:

> If I manually set the time to 1 second after the reversion, it will
> set it to GMT, however, if I set it before the reversion time, and
> let it roll over said reversion time, it remains BST.

But you didn't let it go past the BST -> GMT transition time. That's at
02:00:00 BST, not 01:00:00 BST.

There are two points here that may be causing confusion. The first is
about the correct transition time, which is as above. The second is
that the timestamp you used in your second date setting command,
the "Sun Oct 26 01:00:01 2008", is ambiguous. There are two
of them. The first is 01:00:01 BST, followed an hour later by
01:00:01 GMT. Date chose the GMT one to use when setting the
date.

		Peter Ilieve		peter at aldie.co.uk