proposed tz changes for Bahamas, Eucla, Eritrea, Faroe

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed Jan 3 19:19:08 UTC 2007

"Dave O'Callaghan" <daveoc at uk.ibm.com> writes:

> For example, because of lack of time (we couldn't wait) we took the
> W.Australia patch and applied it to tzdata2006n (calling the new version
> tzdata2006o (we hadn't previously shipped your 'o' version).   Then we had
> customers asking for the 'p' version thinking that is what they needed for
> W. Australia.

In the future I suggest that you append a prefix (e.g.,
tzdata2006n-ibm1) rather than guessing what the next official data
will look like.

> Many thanks to you both for your time and attention to this (it seems to
> be a never ending journey)

There are four things sure in life: death, taxes, politics,
and time zone rule changes.